Ideas for Reinventing Your Dull Doors
Doors play an important role in the home. They separate the function of one room from another, provide a physical barrier between hosts and guests, and during different seasons they either contain warmth and coziness or allow for a light and airy atmosphere. Many renters and homeowners tend to view doors as just a functional element of a space, but they may also be used to add an element of style and design to a home. If you’re looking for an indoor handyman project that won’t break the bank, consider reinventing your dull doors in some of the following ways:
- Add mirrors – Whether you choose full-length or partial, adding mirrors to a door adds practicality and an element of surprise. It brightens up a room to give the illusion of more space; it provides additional ways to check your look and attire; and it reflects art and design elements you already have in the room.
- Cover it with wallpaper – There are many unique wallpaper options on the market that can enhance the look of your home. If you don’t like the idea of covering full walls, revamping a dull door into a funky focal point is the perfect solution. Within your wallpaper selection, options range from self-adhesive to removable so there’s no need to stress out if you have to go through multiple designs before finding the right look.
- Paint it – This is one of the easiest ways to reinvent a dull door. A fresh dash of paint that pops is a fun family project. Use a contrasting color or consider including stencil designs to make the doors more artistically appealing.
- Make it a chalkboard – Perfect for a child’s bedroom door, the use of black or white chalkboard paint is a great way to liven up a door. Allow the young ones to pick the color and help them divide different sections of the door for various purposes such as games, schedules, drawings, artwork, and pictures.
- Change the door handle – Sometimes that’s all it takes to give a dull door a bit of a facelift. There are limitless styles of doorknobs and handles that can add personality or a particular theme to a room. You can even change them out based on holidays or season. For example, install a skeleton hand piece during the Halloween season and switch it out for a snowflake-inspired look during winter. The possibilities are endless.
And remember to purchase all the tools you need for your door transformation at EquipSupply.com.