How to Test a Defective Solid State Relay
- Prepare a jumper wire approximately 8in long with a male quick disconnet terminal at one end and a test probe at the other end.
- Disconnect the black wire coming from the motor that is connected to the solid state relay terminal.
- Connect this black wire to the male connection of jumper wire.
- Touch the test probe to the opposite terminal of the solid state relay and plug in the heater.
- As soon as the motor reaches speed remove the test probe from the terminal.
- The motor should continue to run. If so, the solid state relay shoud be replaced.
Caution: Do not touch electrical connections or allow them to touch metal parts of the heater.