Reddy Heater Spark Plug (PP212) Installation
Annual Replacement Recommended
- Unplug heater
- Remove upper shell and plastic fan grill(if equipped)
- Remove fan
- For kerosene models, disconnect air line, fuel line
- Disconnect spark plug wire from spark plug
6. For Kerosene models:
- A. Remove burner strap from combution chamber.
- B. Place hex-body of spark plug intovise and tighten.
- C. Remove spark plug mounting nut.
- D. Remove spark plug from burner strap
For LP models:
- A. Place 11/16″ socket onto spark plug mounting nut. Spark plug mounting nut is located on spark plug threads inside combustion chamber.
- Loosen and remove spark plug with 13/16″ spark plug socket.
7. Gap new spark plug as follows:
For kerosene models: Gap at .050″-.060″
For 45 and 80LP models: Gap at .060″-.080″
For 150LP models: Gap at .090″ -.110″
8. For kerosene models
- Install new spark plug to burner strap. Refer to inllustration for proper position of electrode. Tighten spark plug with spark plug mounting nut
- Replace burner strap onto combustion chamber
- Connect air line(nearest nozzle) and fuel line(nearest fan) to nozzle assembly. Connect spark plug wire to spark plug.
For LP models: Install new spark plug to the combustion chamber. Tighten spark plug with spark plug mounting nut.
9. Install fan. Mount fan hub flush with end of motor shaft. Position set screw on flat of shaft and torque 40 to 50 inch-pounds.
10. Install plastic fan grill(if equipped) and upper shell